AIR DUCT CLEANING SERVICES
Why should you have duct cleaning performed in your home? Over time dust, dirt, pet hair, and allergens accumulate in your duct work and can cause problems for those in the home. If gone unaddressed it can become especially problematic for those with various health issues, including asthma and other breathing related illnesses. Periodic cleaning of your duct system can relieve the additional stress from these contaminates and create a cleaner breathing environment for everyone in the home. Contact us today at 302-378-1203 or 410-398-3233 to schedule this service with one of our duct cleaning specialists and ask about any current specials or discounts we may be offering!
AIR DUCT CLEANING EQUIPMENT
BRUSHBEAST AIR DUCT CLEANING MACHINE
As the most powerful Rotobrush system, the BrushBeast has a 90% increase in its vacuum power compared to the other machines, and an extra 15 feet of hose. With these advancements, the BrushBeast is able to operate in the most extreme cases of buildup in duct systems.
AIR+ AIR DUCT CLEANING MACHINE
Leaving you with the cleanest air ducts, the Rotobrush aiR+ has a rotating brush of 450 rpm to scrub the interior walls, while the vacuum sucks up loose debris.
AIR+XP AIR DUCT CLEANING MACHINE
The aiR+XP machine is equipped with 30% more power than the original aiR+, increasing its efficiency in air duct cleaning.
IMPROVE YOUR HOME'S AIR QUALITY
WITH OTHER PRODUCTS
Anti-Microbial Treatment; Prevents Mold
Electrostatic Filters; Removes up to 95% of airborne dust
Mold Treatments; Envirocon
Odor Eliminating Treatments; Fresh Duct
Did you know up to 40 pounds of dust is accumulated annually in a typical six-room home? Indoor air pollution is a growing concern; it's one of the EPA's top five environmental risks to public health. Your home's air ducts serve an important purpose as they circulate the air from your heating and cooling system into and out of each room, providing dependable interior comfort throughout the varying seasons. The air flowing through your ducts is the same air that fills your home and that you and your family are breathing in; meaning you want it to be as sanitary as can be.
AIR DUCT CLEANING PROCESS
Air duct cleaning is the elimination of dust and pollutants within the ductwork. The cleaning process consists of the supply and return air ducts, registers and diffusers in each room. Powerful equipment is used to vacuum all dust and other detrimental particles to deter it from funneling through the home.
Register covers will be detached and thoroughly cleaned to get rid of dirt and other contaminants
A hose and rotating brush head will be inserted into your duct work for scrubbing
Once the ducts are exhaustively cleaned, the technicians will spray them with an EPA-registered antimicrobial mist with a pleasing after scent
BENEFITS OF AIR DUCT CLEANING
- A Cleaner Living Atmosphere
- Uncleaned air ducts circulates dust throughout your home, scattering it all over your furniture, flooring, etc. When your air ducts are professionally cleaned, the amount of dust decreases, leaving you with a much cleaner and healthier living environment.
- Easier Breathing
- Allergies or not, cleaner air makes it easier for everyone to breathe. Air duct cleaning eliminates any dust and contaminants from entering the nose and lungs, producing a more comfortable living environment.
- Eliminates Unwanted Odors
- There are many factors that contribute to sour smells in air ducts; pets, household cleaning products, paint fumes, mold, use of tobacco, etc. When your furnace or AC is running, these odors are being dispersed throughout your home. A thorough cleaning will remove any trapped particles, leaving you with a clean smelling home.
- Improves Air Flow
- When dust and soot has accumulated in your ductwork, the flow of air is restricted, triggering your unit to work harder to heat or cool your home. Clean air ducts will ensure your unit is operating at its best.
- Diminishes Allergens
- Often times, air ducts are contaminated with pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mildew, etc. This can especially affect those suffering from allergies or asthma. Keeping your air ducts clean can ensure a healthier living environment for those in the home.
AIR DUCT CLEANING FAQ'S
If not properly installed, maintained and operated, components of forced air systems may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen, or other debris. The potential for mold also increases when moisture becomes present. Clean air ducts are beneficial for numerous reasons. To name a few:
- Reduces the amount of allergens inside the home
- Reduces dust
- Improves the efficiency of your HVAC system
- Keeps indoor air quality high
Perform these checks to determine if your air ducts are in need of cleaning:
- Mold is present inside the sheet metal ducts or other areas of the unit
- Ducts are infested with rodents of insects
- Ducts are clogged with extreme amounts of dust or debris
It is recommended to have your air ducts professionally cleaned every 2-5 years. If a member of your household is susceptible to asthma or allergies, a more frequent cleaning may be required.
A standard sized home (2,000 - 2,500 sq. ft.) generally takes about two technicians and 2 1/2 to 4 hours to clean.
- People who have a high amount of allergic reactions
- People who live in older homes
- People who are having renovations or remodeling done to their homes
- Homes with smokers
- Homes that have pets that shed
- People moving into a new home
Because clean air ducts allow your system to run more efficiently, your system will have a longer life span and operate more effectively; meaning it will not have to use as much energy to work harder than it has to.
Whether you’re a home owner with a dusty, dirty air ducts or a local business in need of a HVAC duct cleaning and maintenance service company, Summit Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC can help. Contact us for pricing information and to schedule service link to contact page. We’re experienced, fast, and honest; fully licensed, bonded, and insured, and BBB Accredited.
Summit Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC proudly serves residential and light commercial properties located within New Castle and Kent Counties, DE and Cecil and Kent Counties, MD.
INDOOR AIR QUALITY
What factors affect indoor air quality?
Indoor air quality pertains to the quality of air inside your home. Many factors can affect the air quality, such as humidity, pollen, sickness, mold and mildew, etc. There are several solutions, based on your needs, to improve the quality of the air inside your home.
A thermostat is a device used to read the current temperature of a space and provide the ability to modify that temperature as desired. Thermostats have come a long way since first being invented in 1883. Thermostats today can range from digital on the basic end, to thermostats with dehumidification built in for humidity control, to ones so advanced that you can control them remotely from your smartphone.
A humidifier is a device used to add moisture to the air in your home. These can be extremely beneficial for several reasons, some of which you may not have known. Humidity in the air makes for more comfortable breathing in fall and winter months and helps reduce energy costs because you feel warm and comfortable at lower temperatures. Adding moisture to the air also can help protect wooden objects, such as furniture and decorative pieces, which may be sensitive to overly dry air.
ELECTRONIC AIR CLEANERS & ULTRAVIOLET
According to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), indoor air pollution is among the top five environmental health risks. This is a prime reason to consider adding an electronic air cleaner (EAC) or ultraviolet light to your HVAC system. Some pollutants that can affect the air quality in your home are dust, dust mites, animal dander, pollen, smoke and viruses, which can cause a variety of health problems, such as allergies, respiratory diseases and asthma. EACs use an electrostatic attraction to trap charged particles, allowing them to settle faster so they are no longer floating through the air in your home. Likewise, ultraviolet lights damage and kill microbes commonly found in HVAC systems. They have been proven to reduce mold, fungus and viruses.
THE EXPERTS THAT CARE
Summit Heating and Air Conditioning is the premier HVAC Company for the M.O.T community and beyond!